Sunday, May 4, 2008

hoodoo guru

this story from yesterday's Kentucky Derby is just tragic & heartbreaking:
"The cheers for the winner's 4 3/4-length victory were cut short when Eight Belles, the runner-up, collapsed while galloping out near the second turn. She broke her two front ankles and was euthanized on the track minutes later."

but then when you discover this little tidbit, it just gets too darn creepy:
'Hillary Clinton last week put her money on Eight Belles to win the race:

"I hope that everybody will go to the derby on Saturday and place just a little money on the filly for me," Sen. Clinton told supporters in Jeffersonville, Ind., ABC News reports. "I won't be able to be there this year - my daughter is going to be there and so she has strict instructions to bet on Eight Belles."'

did you all just feel the hairs on the back of your neck stand up? yeah, me too.
(if I were a betting man, I certainly wouldn't wager on Hillary)

1 comment:

Christy said...

That's just so sad and strange I don't know where it leaves me, except for voting my conscience (mostly) and continuing not to support animal racing.