Saturday, August 9, 2008

he had me at "baroo"

I spent the morning in bucolic southern Wisconsin, at the wonderful Emerald Kennels. I went looking to adopt a retired racing Greyhound & boy did I hit the jackpot. so many friendly faces & wagging tails, more than enough to melt the hardest heart. it was really quite thrilling to be in amidst so many of these amazing creatures. & FAST!, oh man...to see them RUN...incredible.
I went in with something of an idea of what I was looking for (fawn colored, female) but as the good folks at Greyhounds, Only suggested, enough of an open mind to be swayed by the dreamiest of brown eyes. I'm happy to say that I came away with this brindle, male...hey wait a minute how did that happen!? I'm not really sure, but this lil' guy picked me & that was pretty much that. I mean, come on...just look at that smile. who could resist!? now he's off for a week or so of foster care & then he comes home for good at the end of the month.
all in all, a perfect way to spend a Saturday.

2 comments:

Christy said...

He's awesome, lovely, perfect in every way!! Can't wait to meet the new addition and give him a little nuzzle on his pointy nose. And is that an actual grin on the face of the man who rarely smiles? Looks like a perfect match to me.

Hey, does this mean we'll see you even less than we already do? No fair!

kkurtz said...

what can I say...
much like the Grinch, my heart grew 3 sizes today.