Thursday, January 10, 2008

mornin' sunshine

last night I finally watched Sunshine. Twice! first the film, then the commentary w/Dr. Brian Cox. I had missed it when it was released in the theaters & was waiting anxiously for the dvd to arrive.
the movie is visually stunning & very provocative in it's approach to the subject matter. the actors all do fine jobs in their roles, especially Cillian Murphy. even Chris Evans, who I absolutely hate, was quite good.
Brian Cox did a great job in his commentary of explaining all the things that might have gone over viewers heads. lord knows he did a great job filling in all the holes in my science knowledge, as well as bringing incredible insight into his role as science adviser on the film. I've been a big fan of his for some time, so it was a real treat to hear him talk at length here.
next up is the commentary from director Danny Boyle. time constraints prevent me from that atm. perhaps sometime this weekend.

No comments: