Sunday, January 4, 2009

the "Pretty Darn Good" of 2008

Each year my friend Johno gathers up a group of folks & asks us to compile a CD of new songs that we have been listening to throughout the year. Maybe not the ‘Best of’, but more of a ‘Favorites from’ the past year. This is the 4th year we’ve done this, & as per usual my OCD kicked in the minute that I got his e-mail. I immediately began thinking about what new music I had been listening to over the course of 2008. I finished the list up yesterday, not able to turn away from it until it was tweaked, reworked & arranged in just the right order.
(OCD & then some).

In the past I’ve gotten a little out of control & submitted multiple CDs. This year, for the sake of ‘discipline’, & because I found myself listening to less new music, (chalk it up to the forward march of time or the fact that I just don't follow what the kids are into much these days) I decided to work within the parameters of 1 song per month. In this way, limiting the list to a very workable 12 songs. So here’s a little taste of what made the cut of ‘Faves” this time around:

08CD

No comments: