Sunday, September 28, 2008

dial tone deaf

before the debate last Friday, McCain rushed back to D.C. to help
w/the bailout negotiations, he claims...
“I came back because I wasn’t going to phone it in."

now that the debate & his grandstanding are over & proved fruitless for him, he decides to "phone it in."
"On ABC’s This Week, McCain said he came back to Washington DC to get involved in the bailout negotiations. “I came back because I wasn’t going to phone it in,” he said. And yet, McCain did just that yesterday. He “did not go to Capitol Hill after coming back to Washington.” instead opting to phone it in. Salter explained, “He can effectively do what he needs to do by phone.” McCain did have time, however, to take in dinner at an upscale DC restaurant with Joe Lieberman (I-CT)."

No comments: